Panasonic announced the Panasonic S5 Mark II and the Panasonic Mark IIx. This mark's a milestone for the company as these are the first stills-hybrid cameras with Phase Detect Autofocus.
DPreview provides their initial review of both cameras as the company makes accomplishes a major milestone that sets them up for the future.
- 24 Megapixel Backside-illuminated Full-Frame sensor
- Phase-Detect Autofocus
- 96MP Pixel Shift
- 3 0fps continuous high-speed shooting
- 6K 3:2 open-gate at 24/25, 30 fps in 4:2:0 10-bit
- 6K DCI
- UHD 4K 24/25, 30 fps full sensor
- DCI 4K 24/25, 30, 50/60 fps
- Unlimited record time
- Dual Native ISO
- Active cooling
- Dual UHS-II card slots
- S5 Mark IIx optional paid upgrade for Raw video output