Canon announced the RF 10-20mm f/4 IS STM for $2,299 at B&H. The optical design includes one Super UD element, three standard UD elements, and three aspherical elements to reduce chromatic aberration and distortion throughout the zoom range, while also providing consistent edge-to-edge sharpness and illumination. Additionally, SWC and ASC coatings reduce lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color accuracy.
Complementing the imaging capabilities is a fast and precise autofocus system, which delivers quick, nearly-silent autofocus performance with full-time manual focus override.
A built-in Image Stabilizer compensates for up to five stops of camera shake, and when paired with an EOS R-series camera that has In-Body Image Stabilization (IBIS), the Coordinated IS system allows for up to six stops of camera shake to produce sharp handheld shots in difficult lighting conditions. A unique Control Ring is also integrated into the lens design for intuitive control over exposure settings from the lens itself.
- Ultra-wide-angle zoom lens designed for use with full-frame Canon RF-mount mirrorless cameras.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture offers consistent performance and light transmission throughout the zoom range.
- Utilizes a quiet high-speed STM leadscrew-type focus drive system that is especially beneficial to video users.
- One Super UD and three UD (Ultra-Low Dispersion) elements help to minimize chromatic aberrations and color fringing in order to provide greater clarity and color accuracy.
- Three aspherical elements are used to correct spherical aberrations and distortion for improved sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Advanced ASC (Air Sphere Coating) and SWC (Subwavelength Structure Coating) technologies to reduce flare, ghosting, and other aberrations.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer minimizes the appearance of camera shake by five stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds. Additionally, when paired with an EOS R-series camera that has In-Body Image Stabilization (IBIS), the Coordinated IS system allows for up to six stops of camera shake.
- Configurable Control Ring can be used to adjust a variety of exposure settings, including aperture, ISO, and exposure compensation.
- Minimum focusing distance of just under 10″ at all focal lengths for unique ultra-wide closeups.
- A member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.
- Lens's design accepts rear insert-type gelatin filters, which are cut-to-size and inserted behind the rear lens element.
- Nine-blade diaphragm to create a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Built-in petal-shaped lens hood.