Tamron Co., Ltd. (President: Shiro Ajisaka, Head Office: Saitama City), a comprehensive optical equipment manufacturer, announces the development of the 35-150mm F/2-2.8 Di III VXD (Model A058), a telephoto zoom lens for Nikon Z mount compatible with full-frame mirrorless interchangeable-lens cameras.
The 35-150mm F2-2.8 is a portrait zoom lens with a semi-wide angle of 35mm to telephoto of 150mm. From 35mm for full-body shots including the surrounding scenery to 150mm for bust-up shots that focus on facial expressions and line of sight, the medium-telephoto 85mm offers a wide range of focal lengths that are considered optimal for portrait photography without the need to change lenses. In addition, the adoption of the linear motor focus mechanism VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) achieves high-speed, high-precision AF despite the large aperture. It achieves both a large aperture, high image quality, and comfortable AF operation. It includes semi-wide, standard, medium-telephoto, and telephoto angles, which are frequently used, in one lens, and seamless shooting without changing lenses, especially for portraits where a sense of rhythm is important.
1. World's first F2-2.8 large aperture zoom lens
2. 35-150mm focal length for seamless shooting from semi-wide angle to telephoto
3. High optical performance over the entire zoom range
4. Equipped with VXD that enables high-speed, high-precision AF
5. Wide variety of creations with high close-up shooting ability
6. Compatible with TAMRON Lens Utility TM to expand the possibilities of photography and video shooting
7. Simple drip-proof structure, antifouling coat, and hood lock mechanism for high convenience *This product is developed, manufactured and sold under a license agreement with Nikon Corporation.